Prof Lena Dominelli, Associate Director of Vulnerabilities and Resilience at IHRR and a researcher on the BIOPICCC project, was interviewed by Responding to Climate Change — an NGO that produced news coverage of the COP17 conference in Durban, South Africa. In this video, Lena talks about the role of social work in delivering the needs of communities that have been impacted by climate change.
Hazard Risk Resilience Magazine Issue 2 Out Now!
- Groundwater arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh: An interview with Dr Manzurul Hassan
- 2011 UN World Risk Index
- Resilience: From Research to Emergency Planning and Aid
- Preparing for earthquakes
- Climate change causes species to move north and to higher elevations
- Toilet Trauma and Glorious Pipes: Where does your waste go?
- Recent devastating forest fires in US
- Resilience: From Research to Emergency Planning and Aid goo.gl/fb/AEFZ8 5 days ago
- IHRR Bulletin 10 December 2013 - IHRR News / Adaptation and Resilience Workshops / Researcher Training Bursaries fb.me/2k18xayRb 1 week ago
- Real World Simulations for Emergency Planning goo.gl/fb/W6tYE 1 week ago
- Lack of cross-border cooperation limits climate readiness in S. Asia trust.org/item/201311182… via @TR_Foundation 1 week ago
- Institute of Hazard #Risk and #Resilience Newsletter Winter 2013 issuu.com/_ihrr/docs/01_… via @Issuu 1 week ago
africa agriculture AGU meeting 2011 aid antarctica anthropology arsenic arsenic poisoning ash cloud banking crisis banks brownfield china christchurch earthquake climate adaptation climate change cold wave COP16 crisis debris flow disaster durham university earthquake ecology environment ethnography extreme weather financial risk flood floods geoengineering government hazard health heat wave himalayas humanitarian aid IHRR india kosi river landslide nanotechnology nepal new zealand older people orphanage pakistan papua new guinea poisoning politics pollution public public health remote sensing research resilience risk science secondary hazards security seminar sri lanka surveillance technology terrorism tipping point tipping points tsunami urban diffuse pollution volcano vulnerability water wenchuan earthquake wildfire young people